The Holy Church and Metropolitan Cathedral of the Incarnation of Granada is considered as one of the greatest works of the Spanish Renaissance. It was the first of its kind in Spain and the second largest Cathedral of Granada. Its architects included Diego de Siloé, Enrique Egas, Felipe Bigarny y Juan Gil de Hontañón. Having such extraordinary dimensions, this Cathedral bears a completely circular or round main altar, something that had not been achieved to that moment in architecture. It also possess a almost complete collection of the works of Alonso Cano, an important artist of Granada and Andalusia.
The high walls are decorated with beautiful stained glass windows, some were imported from Flanders. In the Sacristry we find its most prized treasured, a life size Crucifix by Martínez Montañes, and below it, the most precious jewel of Spanish art is safeguarded, “La Inmaculada”, a small baroque sculpture from Granada done in 1656 by Alonso Cano.