The Consistorial House or Town Hall that we see today in the “Plaza del Ayuntamiento de Toledo”, is a work that began in 1575. However, due to various complications, its architects and construction masters delayed its construction. The baroque architect, Teodoro Ardemans finally concludes the works in 1703.
The Plaza in front of the House of the Dean, the Town Hall, the Archbishop’s Palace and the Cathedral, would eventually become the Town Hall Square. Its origin is fixed in the year 1339.