The Church of the Clean Conception of Our Lady is part of the old convent of the Discalced Carmelites of Ecija (Province of Seville, Spain). The foundation of the primitive convent took place in 1591, beginning the works of the church that would be inaugurated in 1614. The temple presents a single nave covered by a barrel vault, to which the lateral chapels open and a dome transept, referred to to the intersection where the main and transverse nave cross (Latin or Greek cross form). That space is usually covered with a dome that precedes the main chapel.
The cover, or facade, of very classic lines, is built in brick and composed of main body and flat vain *. On this one an attic exhibits the terracotta image of the Immaculate Conception in a niche. To his right, rising on the wall of the church on the side of the epistle, is the bulrush composed of two bodies.
* Top that is placed over a hole (window, door, arch) that serves to close.