With its front in the Rua Sá da Bandeira and a few steps from the Ferrovial Station of São Bento in Porto, Portugal, is the Church of Saint Anthony of the Congregated.
In 1662 a small chapel was built destined to be the headquarters of the Brotherhood of Saint Anthony of Lisbon. This chapel was demolished in 1694 for the construction of the Church in 1703. The Church of Saint Anthony, as we know it today, is the result of a reconstruction in the 19th century.
The slabs and stained glass that adorn the facade of the Church were added at the beginning of the 20th century. The Church is attached to the “Convento da Congregação do Oratório”. The facade, of Baroque style, shows a niche in the upper part with the image of Saint Anthony. , Scenes of the life of San Antonio, the Patron Saint of Lisbon are depicted both on the tiles on the exterior and in the mural paintings that are in its interior.