Via Zamboni is the road to the University and the former Jewish quarter of Bologna. On the left side after having passed the “Two Towers”, is the “Chiesa di San Donato”. Its painted facade with an architecture full of ornamentation, designed by Francesco Orlandi in 1751 draws one’s attention.
Some data indicates that the church of the 13th century was originally on the site that is now known as the “Malvasía” Square. The Church we see today was built in 1454 and although it was affected by the earthquake of 1505, it was rebuilt in 1751.