The Central High School for Visual Arts in San Juan, Puerto Rico was built in 1918. It was designed by the Architects Pedro Adolfo de Castro, Francisco Roldán and Rafael Carmoega. The small palace was constructed along the Juan Ponce de Leon Avenue. Its architectural design is highlighted by a impressive portal supported with Corinthian columns. The first students were received in the east wing in 1923, The school was originally named as the Central High School of Porto Rico in 1925. In 1976, the structure was registered as a National Monument.